Jerry DeAngelis

Default The Artisan - Upload for 12/5/2004 & News

Hello All:

It has been months since we have posted new recipes here. We have been
able to keep up with requests and problems as emails have arrived, but
developing new recipes has been difficult. This year we graduated from
being home winemakers to making wine professionally. At the moment we
are processing 153 barrels of Pinot Noir, Syrah, Rose and Chardonnay,
as well as two stainless steel tanks of Pinot Bianco and Pinot Grigio.

Additionally, our olive crop is enormous this year, and we have been
picking olives and pressing them almost daily for the past month, with
another month to go. We do all the olives ourselves and with a small
press our daily limit is about 100 lbs. We will still be picking and
pressing in January! I never thought that I would hope for a lean year,
but hopefully next year the olive trees will rest.

At any rate we have been able to develop a few recipes, and are posting
5 on the Food Page. the artisan baker has been baking less, but does
have some nice new recipes, and will have them for your in the future.

Here they a

1.) Pasta con Sugo di Pollo (Pasta with a Chicken Based Sauce):
http://www.theartisan.net/Pasta_con_sugo_di_pollo.htm

2.) Pasta Con Capone e Porcini - Versione Due (Pasta with Capon and
Porcini Mushrooms Version Two):
http://www.theartisan.net/pasta_con_...rsione_due.htm

3.) Pasta con Peperoni Arrostiti, Pollo e Funghi (Pasta with Roasted
Peppers, Chicken and Mushrooms):
http://www.theartisan.net/Pasta_con_...hi_e_pollo.htm

4.) Farfalle e Zuchinne al Forno (Oven Roasted Farfalle Pasta and
Zucchini): http://www.theartisan.net/Farfalle_e...e_al_forno.htm

5.) Zuppa di Scarola, Fagioli e Pollo alla Gennaro (Gennaro's Escarole
Soup with Chicken and Beans):
http://www.theartisan.net/zuppa_di_s...li_e_pollo.htm

As usual, these recipes, along with 240+ more, may also be found on The
Food Page (http://www.theartisan.net/recipesfrm.htm).

The most recent offerings may be accessed on The New Stuff Page -
http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm

Should you encounter problems with either the recipes, the links or my
spelling, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are working on a new feature. Hobbs Applewood Smoked Meats in
Northern California has kindly agreed to provide access to their
incredible selection of Italian meats, and we have been taste testing
them for a few weeks now. Once we are finished with this task - Someone
has to do it - we will report our results. Those of you who visit The
Artisan routinely, know that we receive no remuneration for products we
discover and share with visitors. That is the case with Hobbs, and all
other vendors found on our Resource Page.

Regards

Jerry @ The Artisan
http://www.theartisan.net