robert

Default Care of Knives?

> >>I try to wash them by hand when I can
> >>but the wife keeps putting them in the dishwasher
> >>where they dont dry properly and get rust spots

> >I wash mine a put them away immediately after using them, so nobody
> >could even be tempted to put them in the dishwasher. I mean
> >IMMEDIATELY after use - it takes about ten seconds, and you don't even
> >need detergent.

> Just give them a good wipe with a damp cloth and that is all they
> need.

Try explaining that putting them in a dishwasher allows them to 'bang
against' other things in the dishwasher. This causes small 'dings' on the
knives that would have to be steeled off. It will dull the knives. If your
knives are not the best quality, it may cause the handles to separate from
the blade, over time.

Best bet is to wash them yourself.