Vox Humana

"elizabeth emerald" > wrote in message
> my son is allergic to citrus (among other things) & i am trying to find
> something to replace lemon/citrus juice & rind in recipes. it is an
> important ingredient in so many recipes both savoury & sweet.
>
> any ideas?

As has been mentioned, vinegar will replace the acid. If you need the lemon
flavor, try using some lemon balm (Melissa officinalis). It is very easy to
grow and the lemon flavor is intense. It can be dried and used in the off
season. http://www.floridata.com/ref/M/meli_off.cfm

You might also try using some citric acid powder to for the acid component
if the flavor of vinegar won't work for your purpose. Citric acid is used
in a lot of food and beverages.