Wayne Boatwright

(Zspider) wrote in
om:

> I've been thinking about a German chocolate cake, but I've never
> made one before and a look at the icing recipe made me nervous
> that it wouldn't thicken up. I haven't a lot of experience with
> candy and icing recipes that require boiling, but absolutely
> none of them have ever managed to firm up enough to be right.
>
> Wayne (am I right?) gave me some good suggestions on how to
> make sure a brownie icing firmed up, but I haven't tried that
> yet.
>
> I live in fear of icing and candy recipes that call for boiling.
>
> Michael

Michael, as many times as I've made German chocolate cake, I have
absolutely never had the filling fail to thicken. The coconut in the
filling helps a lot to bind the it together. If that's the kind of cake
you want, I'd go for it and not worry about the filling.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.