pp

"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message >...
> "pp" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > Well, he must know, but does that really answer your question? If that
> > was the cause of the high ending sg, then shouldn't _all_wine kits
> > have the same problem? I've used EC1118, 58W3, D47, and CY3079 on kit
> > wines (admittedly not Winexpert) and never had problems getting down
> > to dryness.
> >
> > Good luck with the lees aging, Brian, hope it'll help.
> >

> I've decided I'm going to get another kit for blending (and hope I can get
> that dry). I just haven't made up my mind whether to go with another Brew
> King or get an En Primeur Chardonnay (which unfortunately is $30 more unless
> I can talk the vendor down some).
>
> Brian

You could try the Cru Select Platinum from Spagnols - that should be
the same price as the Winexpert and same quality level. I've done the
Aus Chard this year and it's looking pretty good, likely the best kit
white I've done. That was the one that went down to around 0.990 -
think it was CY3079 and am not sure right now, would have to check my
notes.

Pp