pp

"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message >...
> "Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message
> >

> > What I think I will do is post on the WinePress site and see if I can get

> > response out of Tim Vandergrift.
> >

> Tim replied. His explanation is that the pasteurization process bonds sugars
> to acids. How lovely. When will the world realize the benefits of
> irradiation?

Well, he must know, but does that really answer your question? If that
was the cause of the high ending sg, then shouldn't _all_wine kits
have the same problem? I've used EC1118, 58W3, D47, and CY3079 on kit
wines (admittedly not Winexpert) and never had problems getting down
to dryness.

Good luck with the lees aging, Brian, hope it'll help.

Pp