Siobhan Perricone

On 16 Nov 2004 19:37:26 -0800, (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
wrote:

>I don't know what other desserts will be brought to the feast, but I'm
>thinking of making a Pumpkin Roll made with Splenda. Anyone tried
>using this? It's the regular Splenda, not the Baking Splenda.

The reason they have baking splenda now is because using only splenda in
baking changes the chemical process significantly. You have to be careful
about the recipe you use and make modifications in it so that it'll come
out right because the splenda just doesn't react the same way that sugar
does when baking. Baked goods made with splenda tend to be less moist, to
break more easily, and to not brown, among other things.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,