COTTP

Default Moderator - Administrator

In article >,
says...
> In article >, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>
> > Get a newsreader and put that person in your kill file.
> >
> > I'm not sure what this means. Can you explain. Thanks.
> > dee

> You're using Outlook Express to read news. There exists software
> specifically reading news -- Agent, Free Agent, others for Windows;
> NewsWatcher, MacSoup, others for Macintosh. The good ones allow you to
> create filters on posts -- by author, by subject, perhaps by length of
> post. For example, I can choose to highlight the names of certain
> posters so their posts are readily visible when my group's list of posts
> appears. I can choose to'kill' or "kill file" certain subjects or
> posters if I don't even want them to show up on my screen. The filters
> may have time limits (you choose) on them. HTH.

Ah - good old NewsWatcher. I remember that from about ten years ago and
it was excellent.

I don't know if Gravity is available for the Mac but it is excellent on
the PC platform. I know MicroPlanet officially discontinued Gravity but
it took on a life of it's own and now goes by SuperGravity. Do a web
search.