Bob

MJ wrote:

> I'm looking for a good oatmeal cookie recipe with raisins..i would like it
> to be one that stays soft even after a couple of days..does anyone have a
> good one?

This is the recipe from the Mrs. Fields cookie book. The cookies hold up
quite well; I think the large amount of sugar helps to keep them moist. One
substitution I recommend is using chopped dates instead of raisins. Sadly,
many people have a closed mind about dates: If you just put the cookies out
and let people eat them, you can expect raves about how great they are, and
how there's SOMETHING which makes them really special. But if you put the
cookies out and say, "Try these oatmeal-date cookies," they'll turn their
noses up at them. Go figure.

2 1/2 cups Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Oatmeal
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 cup White sugar
1 cup Dark brown sugar
1 cup Butter
2 Eggs
2 tablespoons Honey
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Raisins

Preheat oven to 300F. Mix together flour, salt, oatmeal, and baking soda.
Set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, mix the sugars together. Cream together
the sugars and the butter. Add eggs, honey, and vanilla; mix very well.
Add dry ingredients and raisins, mix just until combined.

Drop onto cookie sheet and bake 18-22 minutes. Let cool on pan for about 5
minutes before removing.

Bob