Ipavec

Dan the Man wrote:
> The only Slovenian wines available here in Pennsylvania are sold under
> the Avia label. The Riesling is good for the price (all are
> US$7.89/magnum). Never tried the others. Are you familiar with this
> label, Ipavec?
>
> Dan-O

Hello, Dan.

Regarding Avia label I know only, that it was established especially for
the export from Slovenia to the USA. I believe that the same wine was
sold in Slovenia under another label, but I am not sure what it is called.

However, I suggest you look for some other slovenian wines. I especially
'promote' wines from western part of Slovenia, that is neighbouring on
the Friuli-Venezia Giulia and Collio regions in Italy.

For example:
- Ipavec (not in the US yet, but we are working on it)
- Movia
- Batic
- Scurek
- Simcic