BOB

A Ross wrote:
> I baked Bob's recipe for custard in a pumpkin Friday night to serve on
> Saturday, along with three brined, roasted turkeys. The custard took
> quite a bit of time to set up--I baked it for about two hours, but I
> think my pumpkin was a little too big.
>
> Anyway, everyone (adults, that is) loved it. Thanks for posting the
> recipe!

Amy,
I'm glad that you liked it! I've had trouble a few times with the setting up,
and I haven't figure out what the problem is, but I'm still trying. I seem to
remember that most of the problems do come when the pumpkin is too big, and the
recipe is more than doubled. I do seem to have best results with the smaller
(like the recipe calls for, when I can find them!) pumpkins, but the pumpkin in
the posted article was almost double, and it set up OK.

BOB
who gives *all* the credit for the successful "pies" to the "Frug" and his
recipe