Alan

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:26:06 -0500, "None Given"
> wrote:

>"Alan" > wrote in message
.. .
>> stirring of the seed below the ground. Whereas Beltane welcomes in the
>> summer with joyous celebrations at dawn, the most magically potent time
>> of this festival is November Eve, the night of October 31st, known today
>> of course, as Halloween.
>>
>> Even trolls can be useful:-)

>I wonder if Samhain is celebrated in the fall down under or in the spring.
>I wonder if Yule is celebrated in December like Christmas is or if aussies
>wait for the wintertime.

No need to wonder. If anyone does celebrate those particular festivals
here, they are very discreet about it.

Our kids go out "trick or treating" now because of the influence of TV;
but we never did. Even Hallowe'en to us is an imported American holiday
(yes, I know the roots, but it wasn't part of our culture).

We do have "Christmas in July" parties, but they are just for fun with
no spiritual significance.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.