Katra

In article >,
"Ol' Hippie" > wrote:

> Thanks to all of you for your suggestions all are great although not
> practical for producing my BBQ sauce. We cook large quantities at a time
> year round and using fresh tomatoes and or chili's is not feasible. I use
> dry ingredients and already processed tomato paste.

That is why I suggested sun dried tomatoes. ;-)
I understand.

You can, if you have time, take a whole 50' bag of fresh onions and dry
them in the oven at a higher temp. to "toast" them. My mom did this,
then would powder them. We could put 50 lb. of toasted dried onions into
about 1 qt. of toasted onion powder.

It was divine and more than worth the effort! A very intense flavor.

> The flavor of my sauce using the splenda is pretty darn good, although I may
> just try half the original amount of Molasses for flavor and see where the
> sugar & carbs come out to.
> But for people that want zero carbs I don't think the numbers will come out
> low enough.
> I will keep working on it and let you know how it goes.
> Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Good luck!
Low carb people get really picky! I speak from personal experience as I
try to keep them below 20 grams per day.

That's not easy.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...