Kate B

"Richard" > wrote in message
> Hi All...
> I've just been given half a wheel of Pecorino cheese, from a friend
> who knows I love the stuff...

<snippage>
> PS: Anybody got any decent recipes involving LOTS of pecorino?

I made this last night as a variation on aglio ed olio as I had some
pecorino and pancetta on hand. Quick, easy and yumalicious! Put water
onto boil for spaghetti. In the meantime finely mince fresh garlic. Cut
pancetta into matchstick pieces and saute over medium heat in a pan with
good quality EV olive oil (use a saute pan large enough to comfortably hold
the pasta later). Cook to desired doneness (I like it a little crispy).
Lower the heat and add garlic and saute but do not let garlic brown. Add
desired amount of crushed red pepper. Turn off heat while pasta cooks and
season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grate a generous amount
of pecorino romano. When pasta is done drain (reserving a little of the
water if you like) and mix well with the olive oil - garlic - pancetta
mixture. Add pecorino and toss some more. Enjoy!

Kate