Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Cornish Hens (change of subject)

On 6/15/2021 12:10 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Michael Trew wrote:
>>

> I have never bought a cornish hen before.Â* Is there any flavor/texture
> difference when cooked, or is it just the size?Â* I won't waste any whole
> chicken - every bit of it's used.

I tend to treat Cornish hens like mini-turkeys. With homemade cornbread
"stuffing" or simply have the cornbread "dressing" baked in a loaf pan
on the side. You wouldn't get a lot out of one in terms of "stock" but
you can definitely eat the entire thing. And have some nice side dishes
to go along with it.

Jill