Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default What's this black stuff on my spatula?

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 04:09:49 GMT, shipwreck >
wrote:

>When I rub a spatula against the inside of my KitchenAid mixng bowl
>(dry) this black stuff winds up on the rubber. It smells metalic.
>It can't be the spatula. It happens on all 4 of them (different
>spatulas).
>
>What could this be? It happens when rubbed vigerously, but still, it
>happens.

Sounds like left over residue - either on the bowl or the spatula -
that's having a chemical reaction with the materials of the bowl and
spatula.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>