Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Chicken gumbo, do you like it? I've never had it, but...

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 2:24:20 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I find Campbells soups not special but all as good if
> not better than soup from any restaurant. I'll guess that Campbells
> gumbo contains okra and many people don't like okra. It just so
> happens that next to beets okra is a favorate vegetable, and I grow
> lots of okra. Too bad okra doesn't come canned like beets, would save
> me a lot of work. When fresh okra is available one of our favorite
> dishes is an okra omelet.

I've eaten many cans of Campbell's chicken noodle or rice soup throughout
my life when I've been sick. Also, just a quick filling meal so I can't fault
those soups.

I'm a fan of okra as well. I believe frozen, unbreaded, okra is available
here but when I go to the store this week I'll check it out. Do you like
pickled okra?? Pretty good stuff to me.