Julia Altshuler

First wrap it in plastic wrap that sits close to surface of the cheese.
Then put it in a ziplock baggie that cover it even if the plastic wrap
moves. Finally, pop the whole thing in the refrigerator. It should
last close to forever that way.

Pecorino cheese is classic in pesto. I'd use it there.

--Lia, delighted to be putting to use her newfound knowledge from the
wine and cheese shop