Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lenona Lenona is offline

Default Turn vanilla pudding into custard?

Since I have some yellow cake mix, a can of chocolate frosting, and "cook and serve" vanilla pudding, I thought I'd make Boston Cream Pie. Only thing is, I suspect the pudding will be kind of bland, compared to the filling one usually gets in a store-bought BCP. (It might also be too thin.)

So, does anyone have any suggestions to make it taste more like custard? Of course, one thing I could do is use less milk than the pudding box suggests, but I wanted your suggestions too.

(I'm guessing that, even with "cook and serve" pudding, one does not want to add an egg! But if you've ever done that and had it work, let me know.)

Lenona.