Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Red Baron (brand) Fail

On 3/9/2021 6:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:03:47 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I didn't see the scrambles pizza, but I did see the 2-packs that
>>> began with 7F. But the Walmart brand that comes in 4 packs for
>>> almost the same price began with 31. That took all of 20 to
>>> determine. So I bought a 4-pack of "Supremes" just so I could rub
>>> your nose in them ;-)

>> (snippage)
>>>
>>> JFTR: I shopped at Walmart today since I had my vaccination there.
>>> It went very smoothly. The checkout line took twice as long as the
>>> vaccination. As usual, they only have one checker in the whole store
>>> and she's on Thorazine.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> Good for you and happy you got the first vaccine. I never buy groceries
>> at Walmart but I'm thrilled you could find the right code on the store
>> brand.
>>
>> I did actually bake the other one in the oven. No, I don't want to buy
>> a toaster oven. Would take up too much room on the counter for a seldom
>> used appliance.

> I use mjy toaster oven 5X as much as my regular oven. I've used it
> three ties already today.

I'm happy for you and your toaster oven, really! I don't have a reason
to use any kind of oven, be it microwave, toaster oven or actual oven,
three times a day.

> One you start to us it, I'm sure you
> wouldn't consider it a waste of space. Mine sits a metal shelving
> rack far away from counters.

You have a place in your kitchen to stash it and, I'm assuming, also to
plug it in and use it without moving stuff?

> I know two people that have them in
> their pantry, one doesn't even her full size oven - the oven is used
> as an extra cabinet
>
> -sw

Well, I don't use my oven as a storage cabinet. There is a drawer
underneath where I store baking sheets and a griddle and such.

My pantry contains food, not cooking implements. There are wire racks
in the laundry room right off the kitchen which do contain some cooking
stuff but I'd have to drag it out every time I wanted to use it. Sorry,
I simply don't have a need for a toaster oven. Won't be buying those
single-serve pizzas again, either, so no worries.

Jill