Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan Simmons Bryan Simmons is offline

Default My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:20:27 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> On 1/26/2021 6:05 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> >> It should carry the death penalty.
> >>

> > It comes with its own built-in penalty. Your coffee doesn't taste as good.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> What do you know about good coffee?
> You just drink cold and very milked down coffee and a bunch of caffeine
> pills.

The subtle flavors are easier to appreciate without the bitterness, acidity and
tongue scalding of hot, black coffee. It's 1:35 here, I've been awake since 3:30,
and I've had exactly one 200mg. caffeine tablet and about an ounce and a half
of espresso in a glass of whole milk. It was delicious.

> "I drink coffee milk ~1:10, 1:12, because I find it delicious, but I get
> most of my caffeine from caffeine tablets. They're cheap (like 4ยข each)
> and they don't cause reflux."

ALDI has butterflied lamb legs for $5.99/# right now. I found a small one,
just over 2# for $12.40. I'm making potato chunks roasted with olive oil
and Asiago cheese. The lamb is in the oven at 170F, and in about 2-1/2
hours I'll up the temp to 425F for about 15 minutes, then take it out and
rest it a bit. I bought the preseasoned variety because I've always had
great luck with ALDI's preseasoned meats.

--Bryan