Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:58:39 GMT, Ray Steinhart
> wrote:

>I have read many comments about not using whole wood for bbq, only
>charcoal.

I don't recall seeing any comments here about not using whole wood.
Plenty of comments about not using unseasoned wood, or soft wood.

>Yet I have visited many bbq joints and they all seem to use
>whole wood. How is this so? What makes their pits acceptable to the
>use of whole wood. I use lump charcoal but do not seem to get the smoke
>flavor I am looking for and I am thinking whole wood may be the answer.

Add chunks of hardwood or fruitwood to the lump. You'll get all the
smoke flavor you want.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho