Alan

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:48:02 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I found this recipe and it sounded good, but far too carby. Does anyone
>have a recipe for this with less carbs in it?
>
>Thanks!
>
>http://beef.allrecipes.com/az/71963.asp

I've never heard of "Donairs" although it sounds like it would be
related to a form of doner kebab.

The meat section looks fine. You could try any of a dozen different
low-carb sauces in your repertoire to substitute for the milk-and-sugar
sauce.

I usually use the yoghurt sauce when I buy kebabs in the food court; I
don't have my own recipe but the one used here with the lamb burgers
looks pretty good:

http://www.gourmed.gr/mediterranean-...id=28&arid=359

It'll still have some carbs from the yoghurt, but nowhere near as bad as
the one in the original recipe above.

yoghurt sauce
12 ounces plain yoghurt
2 small garlic cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs shredded fresh mint leaves - or to taste

Mince and mash the garlic with the salt. Drain yoghurt in a sieve lined
with a dampened paper towel set over a bowl for 30 minutes. Transfer to
a small bowl and combine with the garlic and mint.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.