Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default How much you paying for liquid Bleach ??

Hank Rogers wrote:

> GM wrote:
> > wrote:

> >> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked

> > For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items delivered by Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything delivered right to my door, on my time schedule at my convenience. No schlepping to brick 'n mortar stores during the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...
> >
> > A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...
> >

> How nice for you! But I need larger quantities of bleach, because I
> use it for swimming pool chlorine (look up the BBB method).
>
> We used to get real concentrated bleach till a few years ago, when
> clorox started raping their customers, selling diluted bleach for
> the same price. Then with the trump/china covid crisis, things went
> from bad to worse. For a while shelves were bare. You can now buy
> bleach, and they call it "
> concentrated", but it's only 7.5%, barely more than the normal
> cheap ass bleach at 6%. And it costs as much for half gallon now as
> a gallon of real concentrated bleach costs a year ago.
>
> Note that chlorox started this shit way _before_ trump ****ed up
> our country with his lame covid 19 effort.
>
> It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.

Hmmm...a pool, EH...you need to hire a POOL BOY...if ya hire John Kuthe he could be a CANNABIS POOL BOY...

Seriously, I did not know that about Clorox...aren't there pool supply places that sell more concentrated stuff...or maybe scientific supply places...

--
Best
Greg