Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How much you paying for liquid Bleach ??

I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz. bottle was $4.49...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:26:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

Sorry, can't help you. I use very little bleach. My go-to disinfectant is isopropanol.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Geoff Rove wrote:

> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

2.69 at Harris Teeters but it was a sale.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Geoff Rove wrote:
>
> > I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

> 2.69 at Harris Teeters but it was a sale.

Apologies, it was 2.79. Again, sale price and your's was regular price.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:26:50 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove wrote:

> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

$.99/half gallon.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...bleach/3502021

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/9/2020 10:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:26:50 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove wrote:
>
>> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

> $.99/half gallon.
>
> https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...bleach/3502021
>
> -sw

But not all bleach is the same. That is 1.5% while Clorox is 6% sodium
hypochlorite. Is is till a bargain if you need 4X as much for the same
result?

They all the the same ingredient so brand makes no different. Check
concentration and buy by price.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:23:56 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

> Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz. bottle was $4.49...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 4:50:05 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:26:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

> Sorry, can't help you. I use very little bleach. My go-to disinfectant is isopropanol.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Need to wash concrete patio thats that's moss covered. Just power washing takes 45 minutes a square.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:23:56 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

> > Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz. bottle was $4.49...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked

For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items delivered by Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything delivered right to my door, on my time schedule at my convenience. No schlepping to brick 'n mortar stores during the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...

A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:
> wrote:

>>> Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz. bottle was $4.49...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best
>>> Greg

>> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked

> For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items delivered by Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything delivered right to my door, on my time schedule at my convenience. No schlepping to brick 'n mortar stores during the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...
>
> A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...

How nice for you! But I need larger quantities of bleach, because I
use it for swimming pool chlorine (look up the BBB method).

We used to get real concentrated bleach till a few years ago, when
clorox started raping their customers, selling diluted bleach for
the same price. Then with the trump/china covid crisis, things went
from bad to worse. For a while shelves were bare. You can now buy
bleach, and they call it "
concentrated", but it's only 7.5%, barely more than the normal
cheap ass bleach at 6%. And it costs as much for half gallon now as
a gallon of real concentrated bleach costs a year ago.

Note that chlorox started this shit way _before_ trump ****ed up
our country with his lame covid 19 effort.

It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Hank Rogers wrote:

> GM wrote:
> > wrote:

> >> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked

> > For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items delivered by Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything delivered right to my door, on my time schedule at my convenience. No schlepping to brick 'n mortar stores during the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...
> >
> > A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...
> >

> How nice for you! But I need larger quantities of bleach, because I
> use it for swimming pool chlorine (look up the BBB method).
>
> We used to get real concentrated bleach till a few years ago, when
> clorox started raping their customers, selling diluted bleach for
> the same price. Then with the trump/china covid crisis, things went
> from bad to worse. For a while shelves were bare. You can now buy
> bleach, and they call it "
> concentrated", but it's only 7.5%, barely more than the normal
> cheap ass bleach at 6%. And it costs as much for half gallon now as
> a gallon of real concentrated bleach costs a year ago.
>
> Note that chlorox started this shit way _before_ trump ****ed up
> our country with his lame covid 19 effort.
>
> It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.

Hmmm...a pool, EH...you need to hire a POOL BOY...if ya hire John Kuthe he could be a CANNABIS POOL BOY...

Seriously, I did not know that about Clorox...aren't there pool supply places that sell more concentrated stuff...or maybe scientific supply places...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2020 4:12 PM, Geoff Rove wrote:
> On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:23:56 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

>> Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz. bottle was $4.49...
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg

> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked

Check the concentration and get back to us. 6% versus 1.5% makes a
difference.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> GM wrote:

>>> For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items delivered by Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything delivered right to my door, on my time schedule at my convenience. No schlepping to brick 'n mortar stores during the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...
>>>
>>> A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...
>>>

>> How nice for you! But I need larger quantities of bleach, because I
>> use it for swimming pool chlorine (look up the BBB method).
>>
>> We used to get real concentrated bleach till a few years ago, when
>> clorox started raping their customers, selling diluted bleach for
>> the same price. Then with the trump/china covid crisis, things went
>> from bad to worse. For a while shelves were bare. You can now buy
>> bleach, and they call it "
>> concentrated", but it's only 7.5%, barely more than the normal
>> cheap ass bleach at 6%. And it costs as much for half gallon now as
>> a gallon of real concentrated bleach costs a year ago.
>>
>> Note that chlorox started this shit way _before_ trump ****ed up
>> our country with his lame covid 19 effort.
>>
>> It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.

> Hmmm...a pool, EH...you need to hire a POOL BOY...if ya hire John Kuthe he could be a CANNABIS POOL BOY...
>
> Seriously, I did not know that about Clorox...aren't there pool supply places that sell more concentrated stuff...or maybe scientific supply places...

Yes, they do, at outrageous prices. But historically, using BBB
method was always cheaper. Still would be without the clorox rapes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/10/2020 4:12 PM, Geoff Rove wrote:

>>> Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz.
>>> bottle was $4.49...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best
>>> Greg

>> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm* shocked
>>

> Check the concentration and get back to us.* 6% versus 1.5% makes a
> difference.

Anything less than 6% is ****water. We used to have 8.5%. Now it's
not available, Clorox company cornered the market.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2020 4:54 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> GM wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> Bezos gouging on bleach? I'm shocked

>> For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items delivered by
>> Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything delivered right to my
>> door, on my time schedule at my convenience.Â* No schlepping to brick
>> 'n mortar stores during the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...
>>
>> A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...
>>

> How nice for you! But I need larger quantities of bleach, because I use
> it for swimming pool chlorine (look up the BBB method).
>
> We used to get real concentrated bleach till a few years ago, when
> clorox started raping their customers, selling diluted bleach for the
> same price. Then with the trump/china covid crisis, things went from bad
> to worse. For a while shelves were bare. You can now buy bleach, and
> they call it "
> concentrated", but it's only 7.5%, barely more than the normal cheap ass
> bleach at 6%. And it costs as much for half gallon now as a gallon of
> real concentrated bleach costs a year ago.
>
> Note that chlorox started this shit way _before_ trump ****ed up our
> country with his lame covid 19 effort.
>
> It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.

Have you tried a pro pool supply place? My son buys 12% for his
business. Not sure of the size containers but no more than 5 gallons.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-10 7:13 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/10/2020 4:54 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> GM wrote:

country with his lame covid 19 effort.

>> It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.
>>

> Have you tried a pro pool supply place?Â*Â* My son buys 12% for his
> business.Â* Not sure of the size containers but no more than 5 gallons.

After 16 years of non use I am pretty rusty on the HazMat rules but that
is probably the limit for it to be considered a consumer commodity and
exempt from all the onerous requirements for transporting it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/10/2020 4:54 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> GM wrote:

>>> For seven months now I've had all grocery/household items
>>> delivered by Amazon, with a few clicks I can get everything
>>> delivered right to my door, on my time schedule at my
>>> convenience.Â* No schlepping to brick 'n mortar stores during
>>> the pandemic anymore for me - I LUV it...
>>>
>>> A coupla bux more for a bottle of bleach ain't gonna bankrupt me...
>>>

>> How nice for you! But I need larger quantities of bleach, because
>> I use it for swimming pool chlorine (look up the BBB method).
>>
>> We used to get real concentrated bleach till a few years ago,
>> when clorox started raping their customers, selling diluted
>> bleach for the same price. Then with the trump/china covid
>> crisis, things went from bad to worse. For a while shelves were
>> bare. You can now buy bleach, and they call it "
>> concentrated", but it's only 7.5%, barely more than the normal
>> cheap ass bleach at 6%. And it costs as much for half gallon now
>> as a gallon of real concentrated bleach costs a year ago.
>>
>> Note that chlorox started this shit way _before_ trump ****ed up
>> our country with his lame covid 19 effort.
>>
>> It's gonna go away any day now .... Like magic.
>>

> Have you tried a pro pool supply place?** My son buys 12% for his
> business.* Not sure of the size containers but no more than 5 gallons.

During the summer, I can get 10% from walmart's pool supply
section. But they rip all that pool stuff out for chrismas shit at
the end of august. It's only available for about 3 months.

I've not seen 12%, but would be nice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:23:56 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

> Just got an Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, my Clorox 81 oz. bottle was $4.49...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

IF you like sucking Jeff Bezos' Dick!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Geoff Rove wrote:
> Need to wash concrete patio thats that's moss covered.
> Just power washing takes 45 minutes a square.

I'd love to see a pic of that before you do it.
Sounds like a nice putting green (golf) to me if it's
completely covered. I think I'd leave it alone if so.

Anyway, to clean it up, remove moss with a flat end shovel
before you power wash.

Also wet it down well before washing. Let the water do it's
work to soften the dirt on concrete. And use a very high
pressure power washer, not a typical cheaper homeowers one.
That extra pressure makes a huge difference in time.

I've powerwashed a few driveways in my past. A few wooden
decks too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-10-11 7:27 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Geoff Rove wrote:
>> Need to wash concrete patio thats that's moss covered.
>> Just power washing takes 45 minutes a square.

> I'd love to see a pic of that before you do it.
> Sounds like a nice putting green (golf) to me if it's
> completely covered. I think I'd leave it alone if so.
>
> Anyway, to clean it up, remove moss with a flat end shovel
> before you power wash.
>
> Also wet it down well before washing. Let the water do it's
> work to soften the dirt on concrete. And use a very high
> pressure power washer, not a typical cheaper homeowers one.
> That extra pressure makes a huge difference in time.
>
> I've powerwashed a few driveways in my past. A few wooden
> decks too.

I have a really good electric power washer that would do the job. It
could do a nice job on a concrete driveway. I would not use it on
asphalt. It would blow the sealer off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 23:28:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 10/9/2020 10:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:26:50 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove wrote:
>>
>>> I paid $2.89 at Aldis for their concentrated "almost a gallon".

>> $.99/half gallon.
>>
>> https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...bleach/3502021

> But not all bleach is the same. That is 1.5% while Clorox is 6% sodium
> hypochlorite. Is is till a bargain if you need 4X as much for the same
> result?
>
> They all the the same ingredient so brand makes no different. Check
> concentration and buy by price.

OK, 81oz's of 7.5% for $2.94

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...bleach/3502501

I win!!!!! :-)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-11 7:27 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> Geoff Rove wrote:
>>> Need to wash concrete patio thats that's moss covered.
>>> Just power washing takes 45 minutes a square.

>> I'd love to see a pic of that before you do it.
>> Sounds like a nice putting green (golf) to me if it's
>> completely covered. I think I'd leave it alone if so.
>>
>> Anyway, to clean it up, remove moss with a flat end shovel
>> before you power wash.
>>
>> Also wet it down well before washing. Let the water do it's
>> work to soften the dirt on concrete. And use a very high
>> pressure power washer, not a typical cheaper homeowers one.
>> That extra pressure makes a huge difference in time.
>>
>> I've powerwashed a few driveways in my past. A few wooden
>> decks too.
>>

> I have a really good electric power washer that would do the job.
> It could do a nice job on a concrete driveway. I would not use it
> on asphalt. It would blow the sealer off.

I bet it ain't half as good as Popeye's pressure washer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 10:06:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-10-11 7:27 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> Geoff Rove wrote:
>>> Need to wash concrete patio thats that's moss covered.
>>> Just power washing takes 45 minutes a square.

>> I'd love to see a pic of that before you do it.
>> Sounds like a nice putting green (golf) to me if it's
>> completely covered. I think I'd leave it alone if so.
>>
>> Anyway, to clean it up, remove moss with a flat end shovel
>> before you power wash.
>>
>> Also wet it down well before washing. Let the water do it's
>> work to soften the dirt on concrete. And use a very high
>> pressure power washer, not a typical cheaper homeowers one.
>> That extra pressure makes a huge difference in time.
>>
>> I've powerwashed a few driveways in my past. A few wooden
>> decks too.
>>

>I have a really good electric power washer that would do the job. It
>could do a nice job on a concrete driveway. I would not use it on
>asphalt. It would blow the sealer off.

We never buy or use chlorine bleach. It's fumes destroy lung and eye
tissue which does not regenerate. Those who swim in chloronated pools
typically lose their vision and suffer respiratory disease...
laundering with chlorine bleach does likewise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 6:26:40 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Geoff Rove wrote:
> > Need to wash concrete patio thats that's moss covered.
> > Just power washing takes 45 minutes a square.

> I'd love to see a pic of that before you do it.
> Sounds like a nice putting green (golf) to me if it's
> completely covered. I think I'd leave it alone if so.
>
> Anyway, to clean it up, remove moss with a flat end shovel
> before you power wash.
>
> Also wet it down well before washing. Let the water do it's
> work to soften the dirt on concrete. And use a very high
> pressure power washer, not a typical cheaper homeowers one.
> That extra pressure makes a huge difference in time.
>
> I've powerwashed a few driveways in my past. A few wooden
> decks too.

Its just dark stained mold. Google maps satellite view shows the patio, 2 clean squares and 4 dark squares. Those with some time can scan Chicago IL suburb yards for a pic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 1:06:45 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 10:06:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> I'd love to see a pic of that before you do it.
> >> Sounds like a nice putting green (golf) to me if it's
> >> completely covered. I think I'd leave it alone if so.
> >>
> >> Anyway, to clean it up, remove moss with a flat end shovel
> >> before you power wash.
> >>
> >> Also wet it down well before washing. Let the water do it's
> >> work to soften the dirt on concrete. And use a very high
> >> pressure power washer, not a typical cheaper homeowers one.
> >> That extra pressure makes a huge difference in time.
> >>
> >> I've powerwashed a few driveways in my past. A few wooden
> >> decks too.
> >>

> >I have a really good electric power washer that would do the job. It
> >could do a nice job on a concrete driveway. I would not use it on
> >asphalt. It would blow the sealer off.

> We never buy or use chlorine bleach. It's fumes destroy lung and eye
> tissue which does not regenerate. Those who swim in chloronated pools
> typically lose their vision and suffer respiratory disease...
> laundering with chlorine bleach does likewise.

Kooky, over-the-top posts destroy your credibility. You don't seem to mind
*that*.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 14:06:37 -0400, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> Those who swim in chloronated pools
> typically lose their vision and suffer respiratory disease...

That explains all the blind Olympic swimmers and divers sporting
oxygen tanks and respirators.

-sw