Default User

Dimitri wrote:

> Growth conditions:
>
> Temperature range: 3-480C (38-1180F)
> Type A and B: 10-50:C (50-122:F)
> Type E: 3-45:C (38-113:F)
> Optimum Temperature for toxin development: 350C (950F)
> pH range: 4.6 - 8.9
> Lowest reported Aw for growth: 0.95

Ok, what's the growth rate at the bottom end, which is what you'd
expect for most refrigeration conditions? Note that the optimum
development temp is way higher than that.

> The Disease: Botulism results from consumption of foods contaminated
> with the preformed toxin. Toxin types A, B, and E most often are
> associated with botulism in humans. Type A and B is most often
> associated with soil and Type E is associated with water (seafood).

With the ranges given above, A and B should be discounted then. That
leaves E. Is E the one that garlic-infused oil is prone to?

> Then google this: . Garlic-in-oil associated botulism no quotes.

I have no interest in doing your research for you.

Brian