PENMART01

"elaine" > wrote:

>Being relatively new to news groups, I would see this Ping thing and
>wonder what it meant. Now I know (I think). -- it's a question directed at a
>specific person.

Actually "ping" is an imitative word, came about due to the sound emited from a
riccocheting bullet; later came into use for drawing attention, not necessarily
teh attention of a specific person, could be a specific group, or people in
general, ie. ping everyone. "Ping" of course is the name of a river in Asia,
and also that of a Chinese duck.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...5715/sr=ka-1/r
ef=pd_ka_1/104-7111396-8228725

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---