Julie Bove

Default Slow-Cooked Turkey-Wild Rice Casserole

4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 lb. turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-1-inch pieces
1 cup coarsely chopped carrots (3 to 4 medium)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
1/2 cup sliced celery (1 medium stalk)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup uncooked wild rice
2 cups water
2 T. soy sauce
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In 10 inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp,
stirring frequently. Drain off fat.

Stir in turkey, carrots, onion and celery. Cook approx. 2 minutes, stirring
frequently, until turkey is browned. Spoon into 3-4 quart slow cooker.
Stir in all remaining ingredients.

Cover; cook on Low setting for 6 to 7 hours.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:

Total fat: 8g
Carbohydrate: 38g
Fiber: 3g
Protein: 30g

I made this recipe tonight and it was yummy! I did help to lower the carb
count by adding twice as much turkey, bacon, carrots and celery. I also
added a bit less soy sauce and increased the water a little bit. Next time
I will add even more vegetables. I was concerned that I might overfill the
crockpot. I have a tendency to do that since I really love vegetables. But
I wasn't sure how much the wild rice would expand. I still had about 4" to
spare, so I can safely add more. I think mushrooms would also be a good
addition to this.

--
See my webpage:

See my webpage: