Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Saturday Night Dinner, 5/23/2020

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 4:08:19 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
> > > my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
> > > and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha
> > >
> > > Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
> > > I ever got married again.

> > True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
> > like civilized people.

> When I was married and even all the years after with
> daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
> table in living room every meal.
>
> Only dining room table exception was for company here and
> for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
>
> One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
> room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
> toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.

We don't really even have a dining table anymore. There's a small
table in the dining room that my husband remanufactured from an old
coffee table. We'd be hard-pressed to seat four at it. We use it
for offloading groceries, for cooking tasks that are time-consuming
like making Chinese dumplings or vac-packing meat, and occasionally
for sewing. It's on wheels.

The mail (what little we get) comes to the coffee table for triage.

Cindy Hamilton