Old 24-05-2020, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Saturday Night Dinner, 5/23/2020

I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

Old 24-05-2020, 12:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

Good thinking. You got your sausages without the fuss and muss of a
grill.
Janet US
Old 24-05-2020, 12:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

Tonight's dinner was Johnsonville Beer Brats, slowly pan fried until
golden brown on all sides, served with white rice rather than bread.
Was very good, quick, and easy. White rice was in the freezer, just
needed nuking. Fried two packs of brats, enough to do the same
tomorrow but maybe with egg noodles and a salad.
Rained this morning so messed up my planned mowing, hopefully I'll get
to mow tomorrow. But in the afternoon we wheelbarrowed topsoil into
the garden, it'll soon be tilled and planted, our potted seeds are now
up.
I'm watching Canada geese marching, eating, and pooping... they were
here first.
Old 24-05-2020, 12:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

Good thinking. You got your sausages without the fuss and muss of a
grill.
Janet US

Yes, and I've already washed that non-stick inner pot and the raised grill
thingie. I'd still be out there cleaning out spent charcoal and putting the
grill away. Usually, when I use the Weber I'm also grilling a couple of
pork chops, a chicken breast and a steak or two to be eaten in the coming
week.
Old 24-05-2020, 12:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 6:31:01 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Rained this morning so messed up my planned mowing, hopefully I'll get
to mow tomorrow. But in the afternoon we wheelbarrowed topsoil into
the garden, it'll soon be tilled and planted, our potted seeds are now
up.

My yard was mowed yesterday but weed-eated today and the blower used to
scatter grass off the sidewalk.

Old 24-05-2020, 03:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

you just cant beat that smoke flavor you get from charcoal/wood

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 24-05-2020, 11:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.

Salmon for me; swordfish for him.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 24-05-2020, 01:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:29:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.

Salmon for me; swordfish for him.

Cindy Hamilton

I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
off! Think someone likely wanted a 'smaller' leg of lamb and this was
the balance. Carefully roasted it to rare and it was delicious. Put
carrots in with it and had some nice fresh broccoli as well. Going to
do supper tonight and tomorrow.

Old 24-05-2020, 01:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.

Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.

Salmon for me; swordfish for him.

Cindy Hamilton

I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
off!

Do you really eat little lambs? Didn't you once say you were an animal
lover?
Old 24-05-2020, 02:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

You're something like Jimmy Bakker, always preaching to others.
Old 24-05-2020, 02:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

[...]

He's an imbecile, why do peeps here even bother to reply to his drivel...he can not even engage in a discussion on the most *basic* level. In another current thread, it is hilarious to see Leo completely demolish him in an economic discussion, lol...that is just one example.

--
Best
Greg
Old 24-05-2020, 02:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Wrecked him... or was that rectum...

economic discussion, lol...that is just one example.

Old 24-05-2020, 05:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

No, I just got confused. You seem to contradict yourself.