Robert Klute

Default Indian - Ghee - excess thereof.

On 1 Dec 2003 03:43:07 -0600, "Cardean" > wrote:

>My question is this. How do I get rid of the significant quantities of
>oil, and should I perhaps be looking to re-use the oil ??

Get rid of it? I've never seen it done. Indian dishes that have a lot
of oil are served floating in that oil. Skimming it will affect the
flavor of the dish. Try using less to start with if you are concerned
about the final amount, but that will leave you with a dish the doesn't
have as rich mouth feel and flavor as it should.

Reuse it? See previous answer, besides it is flavored with the spices
and other ingredients.