Hunt

In article >, says...

>Hi All,
>I ask this question every year about this time because
>I like to serve Pinot Noir with the traditional (USA)
>Thanksgiving turkey meal. If it was just me, I'd just pop
>a cork on a Rex Goliath 47lb. Rooster and call it good.
>Hovever, I would like to serve something better to my guests.
>
>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>TIA,
>Dick

Not sure of the exact price points, but Acacia Carneros is a very good,
inexpensive CA PN fruit-bomb. I've done several OR and WA PN's with different
turkey recipies, and all were good, but the Central Coast CA PN's seem to do
very nicely with the whole dinner. I'm also a big fan of Zins with
Thanksgiving meals - even did a Zin marinated turkey once and it was
spectacular. The $US15 gives you quite a few Zins to choose from.

Saw in later part of thread, that you'd found some good PN's on sale locally.
As a counter-point, you might want to pick up a bottle of the Saintsbury PN to
taste along side their Garnet. It's about $28-30/btl, but the guests might
like the comparison with the other PN's.

I also like Gw's and Rieslings for the whites when the menu is traditional.

Hunt