Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default copper chef

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 5:51:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2020 18:12:13 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> >Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
> >
> >Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> >stainless steel. .
> >
> >I expect Bruce to fill me in.
> >
> >I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> >the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> >girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
> >
> >I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> >(since 2005!).
> >
> >nb

> Its crap.
>
> Well not complete crap.
> If you take very very good care of it you can expect 2-4 years out of
> it before the non stick wears out.
> If you keep it free of scratches then it will work great for about a
> year then the non stick will start to fade slowly.
>
> The dish washer is a NO NO.

I've been putting my nonstick pans in the dishwasher for years. I've
got some that are more than 6 years old.

> Abrasive cleaning pads and steel wool is a NO NO

Don't need them on nonstick.

> Only clean with soft sponges.

Or the dishwasher.

> Do not ever store anything on top of it.

All of my pots and pans hang on the wall.

> Not pots, lids (unless properly fit), cups (plastic or glass), silver
> wear.. anything at all.

I don't store anything that way. Lids hang up; cups have their own
place in the cupboard, silverware in the silverware drawer.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

> After use and gentle cleaning use a paper
> towel to smear a little oil along the inside then cover with a cloth.

No need to gum up nonstick pans by storing them with oil.

> Rinse when ready to use.

No need.

Cindy Hamilton