Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default copper chef

Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.

Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
stainless steel. .

I expect Bruce to fill me in.

I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.

I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
(since 2005!).

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 1:12:17 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
>
> Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> stainless steel. .
>
> I expect Bruce to fill me in.
>
> I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
>
> I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> (since 2005!).
>
> nb

Let us know how it goes. I still prefer these:

<https://www.amazon.com/Vollrath-Z4012-Wear-Ever-CeramiGuard-Handle/dp/B003ZTNLL8>

Even putting them in the dishwasher, they last for years. I've got
one I bought in 2014 and it's still slick.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
>
> Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> stainless steel. .
>
> I expect Bruce to fill me in.
>
> I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
>
> I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> (since 2005!).
>
> nb

I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses. My guess is people will be buying ceramic in droves. My guess is that people will abandon them after using them for a while.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 3:30:46 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> > Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
> >
> > Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> > stainless steel. .
> >
> > I expect Bruce to fill me in.
> >
> > I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> > the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> > girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
> >
> > I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> > (since 2005!).
> >
> > nb

> I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses.

The word on the street is often full of shit.

Which deadly gasses? In what concentrations?

Every time you exhale you release a deadly gas. Just not in sufficient
concentrations to do any harm unless you're in a very small enclosed
space.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 11:06:25 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 3:30:46 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> > > Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
> > >
> > > Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> > > stainless steel. .
> > >
> > > I expect Bruce to fill me in.
> > >
> > > I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> > > the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> > > girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
> > >
> > > I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> > > (since 2005!).
> > >
> > > nb

> > I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses.

> The word on the street is often full of shit.
>
> Which deadly gasses? In what concentrations?
>
> Every time you exhale you release a deadly gas. Just not in sufficient
> concentrations to do any harm unless you're in a very small enclosed
> space.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The word on the street is the word on the street. Who ever said that the word on the street was real? What deadly gasses? The same deadly gasses that were released when Teflon pans were introduced. These deadly gasses will kill hundreds of birds in a room. Well, at least, that's the word on the street.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26 Jan 2020 18:12:13 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
>
>Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
>stainless steel. .
>
>I expect Bruce to fill me in.
>
>I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
>the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
>girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
>
>I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
>(since 2005!).
>
>nb

Its crap.

Well not complete crap.
If you take very very good care of it you can expect 2-4 years out of
it before the non stick wears out.
If you keep it free of scratches then it will work great for about a
year then the non stick will start to fade slowly.

The dish washer is a NO NO.
Abrasive cleaning pads and steel wool is a NO NO
Only clean with soft sponges.

Do not ever store anything on top of it.
Not pots, lids (unless properly fit), cups (plastic or glass), silver
wear.. anything at all. After use and gentle cleaning use a paper
towel to smear a little oil along the inside then cover with a cloth.
Rinse when ready to use.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:30:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
>> Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
>>
>> Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
>> stainless steel. .
>>
>> I expect Bruce to fill me in.
>>
>> I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
>> the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
>> girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
>>
>> I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
>> (since 2005!).
>>
>> nb

>I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses. My guess is people will be buying ceramic in droves. My guess is that people will abandon them after using them for a while.

Seriously trending? Dude you know the copper cookware has been in
existence for about 12,000 years. Ceramics for much longer, using
copper really went mainstream in the 19th century (1800's). So there
is nothing new at all about them. Ceramic coating has been around for
10 or so years so still nothing new about that

https://www.xtrema.com/blogs/blog/a-history-of-cookware

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 1:02:27 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:30:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> >> Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
> >>
> >> Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> >> stainless steel. .
> >>
> >> I expect Bruce to fill me in.
> >>
> >> I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> >> the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> >> girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
> >>
> >> I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> >> (since 2005!).
> >>
> >> nb

> >I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses. My guess is people will be buying ceramic in droves. My guess is that people will abandon them after using them for a while.

> Seriously trending? Dude you know the copper cookware has been in
> existence for about 12,000 years. Ceramics for much longer, using
> copper really went mainstream in the 19th century (1800's). So there
> is nothing new at all about them. Ceramic coating has been around for
> 10 or so years so still nothing new about that
>
> https://www.xtrema.com/blogs/blog/a-history-of-cookware
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Everything that you know is a subset of everything that I know so you got no call to be condescending.

Copper Chef has nothing to do with copper cookware. It's just a marketing gimmick. Ceramic coating has indeed been around for a while. Teflon type coatings have been around for a while. The idea that Teflon pans, when overheated, will release a toxic gas that can be fatal to boids is nothing new.

What is new is that younger generation's awareness of the release of semi-toxic gas. Evidently, some sort of critical tipping point has been reached. I predict that ceramic coated pans will be trending. When they find out that ceramic coatings are not that durable, they'll switch back to Teflon coated pans.

That's just my opinion. If you have an opinion of your own then please let it be known to all. Just don't make the mistake that your opinion has anything to do with my opinion.

The reality is that I've never heard of anybody being kilt by Teflon gas - just a few boids.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:00:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 1:02:27 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:30:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses. My guess is people will be buying ceramic in droves. My guess is that people will abandon them after using them for a while.

>> Seriously trending? Dude you know the copper cookware has been in
>> existence for about 12,000 years. Ceramics for much longer, using
>> copper really went mainstream in the 19th century (1800's). So there
>> is nothing new at all about them. Ceramic coating has been around for
>> 10 or so years so still nothing new about that
>>
>> https://www.xtrema.com/blogs/blog/a-history-of-cookware
>>

>Everything that you know is a subset of everything that I know so you
>got no call to be condescending.

That's very condescending of you. But of course you already knew that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 10:11:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:00:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 1:02:27 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:30:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1

> >> Seriously trending? Dude you know the copper cookware has been in
> >> existence for about 12,000 years. Ceramics for much longer, using
> >> copper really went mainstream in the 19th century (1800's). So there
> >> is nothing new at all about them. Ceramic coating has been around for
> >> 10 or so years so still nothing new about that
> >>
> >> https://www.xtrema.com/blogs/blog/a-history-of-cookware
> >>

> >Everything that you know is a subset of everything that I know so you
> >got no call to be condescending.

> That's very condescending of you. But of course you already knew that.

I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:18:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 10:11:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:00:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >Everything that you know is a subset of everything that I know so you
>> >got no call to be condescending.

>> That's very condescending of you. But of course you already knew that.

>I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

Are the Hawaiians aware who they have in their midst?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:42:21 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:18:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 10:11:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:00:31 -0800 (PST), dsi1

>>> That's very condescending of you. But of course you already knew that.

>>I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

>Are the Hawaiians aware who they have in their midst?

I think he has just smoked a bit too much chronic. When/if he reads
this tomorrow he will be like WTF was I trying to say.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

"He who knows it all, knows nothing"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2020 3:00 AM, dsi1 wrote:

> Everything that you know is a subset of everything that I know so you got no call to be condescending.
>
> Copper Chef has nothing to do with copper cookware. It's just a marketing gimmick. Ceramic coating has indeed been around for a while. Teflon type coatings have been around for a while. The idea that Teflon pans, when overheated, will release a toxic gas that can be fatal to boids is nothing new.
>
> What is new is that younger generation's awareness of the release of semi-toxic gas. Evidently, some sort of critical tipping point has been reached. I predict that ceramic coated pans will be trending. When they find out that ceramic coatings are not that durable, they'll switch back to Teflon coated pans.
>
> That's just my opinion. If you have an opinion of your own then please let it be known to all. Just don't make the mistake that your opinion has anything to do with my opinion.
>
> The reality is that I've never heard of anybody being kilt by Teflon gas - just a few boids.

The Teflon problem is really a poor cook problem. If gives off the gas
when heated to about 500 degrees. A lot of things give off toxic fumes
when heated to 500 degrees. No reason to heat it that high.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:18:52 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

> "He who knows it all, knows nothing"

"There's always an exception to the rule."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:30:09 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/27/2020 3:00 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>

> > Everything that you know is a subset of everything that I know so you got no call to be condescending.
> >
> > Copper Chef has nothing to do with copper cookware. It's just a marketing gimmick. Ceramic coating has indeed been around for a while. Teflon type coatings have been around for a while. The idea that Teflon pans, when overheated, will release a toxic gas that can be fatal to boids is nothing new..
> >
> > What is new is that younger generation's awareness of the release of semi-toxic gas. Evidently, some sort of critical tipping point has been reached. I predict that ceramic coated pans will be trending. When they find out that ceramic coatings are not that durable, they'll switch back to Teflon coated pans.
> >
> > That's just my opinion. If you have an opinion of your own then please let it be known to all. Just don't make the mistake that your opinion has anything to do with my opinion.
> >
> > The reality is that I've never heard of anybody being kilt by Teflon gas - just a few boids.
> >

> The Teflon problem is really a poor cook problem. If gives off the gas
> when heated to about 500 degrees. A lot of things give off toxic fumes
> when heated to 500 degrees. No reason to heat it that high.

Some of the best cooks in the world cook at very high temperatures. I was looking at a bunch of non-stick pan sets and they all said to cook at low to moderate temperatures. That pretty much turned me off to them because that's cooking for sissies. The Martha Stewart pan set said that high heat could cause the pans to liquify. I have no idea what that means but it was certainly alarming!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Jan 27, , dsi1 wrote
(in >):

> I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

Nearly everything I needed to know, I learned by the first grade. How to
make a living took a bit longer.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Jan 27, , Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article >):

> The Teflon problem is really a poor cook problem. If gives off the gas
> when heated to about 500 degrees. A lot of things give off toxic fumes
> when heated to 500 degrees. No reason to heat it that high.

Ill bet that some random guy would give off toxic gases if heated to 500
degrees.
I got a million of "em, and Ill be here all week. Thank you!

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 10:20:34 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>> I pretty much know everything that ever was important enough to know.

>"He who knows it all, knows nothing"

Do you even understand what you just said?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 5:51:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2020 18:12:13 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> >Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
> >
> >Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> >stainless steel. .
> >
> >I expect Bruce to fill me in.
> >
> >I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> >the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> >girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
> >
> >I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> >(since 2005!).
> >
> >nb

> Its crap.
>
> Well not complete crap.
> If you take very very good care of it you can expect 2-4 years out of
> it before the non stick wears out.
> If you keep it free of scratches then it will work great for about a
> year then the non stick will start to fade slowly.
>
> The dish washer is a NO NO.

I've been putting my nonstick pans in the dishwasher for years. I've
got some that are more than 6 years old.

> Abrasive cleaning pads and steel wool is a NO NO

Don't need them on nonstick.

> Only clean with soft sponges.

Or the dishwasher.

> Do not ever store anything on top of it.

All of my pots and pans hang on the wall.

> Not pots, lids (unless properly fit), cups (plastic or glass), silver
> wear.. anything at all.

I don't store anything that way. Lids hang up; cups have their own
place in the cupboard, silverware in the silverware drawer.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

> After use and gentle cleaning use a paper
> towel to smear a little oil along the inside then cover with a cloth.

No need to gum up nonstick pans by storing them with oil.

> Rinse when ready to use.

No need.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> On 2020 Jan 27, , Ed Pawlowski wrote
> (in article >):
>
> > The Teflon problem is really a poor cook problem. If gives off the gas
> > when heated to about 500 degrees. A lot of things give off toxic fumes
> > when heated to 500 degrees. No reason to heat it that high.

> I'll bet that some random guy would give off toxic gases if heated to 500
> degrees.

We should experiment with that. Let's cook Bruce at 500F and
see what happens. Bet you that creates many deadly gases. oh man

Copper Chef Cookware Alternatives? W General Cooking 8 21-04-2016 05:48 AM
Old copper pan koko General Cooking 35 10-06-2015 10:00 PM
Copper Sinks Are Hot! [email protected] Winemaking 0 26-04-2008 04:28 PM
Macho Chef - Learn how Macho Chef dealth with the evil kitchen fly from Hades Android General Cooking 0 30-11-2006 03:32 PM
Copper Sulfate Joe Giller Winemaking 9 14-01-2004 12:36 AM