Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ChristKiller@deathtochristianity.pl is offline

Default copper chef

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:30:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
>> Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
>>
>> Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
>> stainless steel. .
>>
>> I expect Bruce to fill me in.
>>
>> I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
>> the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
>> girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
>>
>> I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
>> (since 2005!).
>>
>> nb

>I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses. My guess is people will be buying ceramic in droves. My guess is that people will abandon them after using them for a while.

Seriously trending? Dude you know the copper cookware has been in
existence for about 12,000 years. Ceramics for much longer, using
copper really went mainstream in the 19th century (1800's). So there
is nothing new at all about them. Ceramic coating has been around for
10 or so years so still nothing new about that

https://www.xtrema.com/blogs/blog/a-history-of-cookware

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____