Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default copper chef

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 11:06:25 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 3:30:46 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 8:12:17 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> > > Gotta new non-stick fry pan, Itsa Copper Chef from WW.
> > >
> > > Apparently, "ceramic" is the new thing. No "ptfe" or "pfoa", plus
> > > stainless steel. .
> > >
> > > I expect Bruce to fill me in.
> > >
> > > I baught it at Walmart (as seen on TV), but have learned (thnx to Gobble), it's all
> > > the rage. (Green, white, copper colored) Even Calaphon and yer fave
> > > girl --Rachael Ray-- is onboard.
> > >
> > > I use it only fer scranbled eggs. Ceramic, the new dog on the block,
> > > (since 2005!).
> > >
> > > nb

> > I saw a bunch of ceramic pans at Macy's. It is going to be trending. The word on the street is that teflon pans release deadly gasses.

> The word on the street is often full of shit.
>
> Which deadly gasses? In what concentrations?
>
> Every time you exhale you release a deadly gas. Just not in sufficient
> concentrations to do any harm unless you're in a very small enclosed
> space.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The word on the street is the word on the street. Who ever said that the word on the street was real? What deadly gasses? The same deadly gasses that were released when Teflon pans were introduced. These deadly gasses will kill hundreds of birds in a room. Well, at least, that's the word on the street.