Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default A cast iron dinner

On 12/20/2019 8:32 PM, wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 18:55:43 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> Â* On tonight's menu was hamburger steaks in mushroom gravy served with
>> shredded frozen (well , I did cook them ...) hash browns and some glazed
>> carrots . The only thing left is some gravy , I always make enough for
>> leftovers because my wife likes it on scrambled eggs . I'll share the
>> recipes if anyone wants them ...

> sure I love new recipes, although all I would need is the hamburger
> steaks and the mushroom gravy. I cut and make my own hash browns in
> the air fryer so I would not need that.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Â* I season 2 - 1/3 lb 80/20 patties liberally with salt , pepper
(lightly) garlic and onion powders . Brown well in a medium-hot skillet
, then add 1 8 oz can of white shrooms including liquid and most of a
can of beef broth . Mix remaining broth with about 3 tablespoons of
flour to thicken , stir in when pan comes to a boil . Reduce heat and
simmer until the meat juices run clear plus a couple of minutes . You'll
need to add salt to taste . I usually serve this over smashed taters ,
but I have a particular fondness for hash browns and gravy so that's
what I fixed tonight .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old