Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default notbob's minestrone

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 08:57:54 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 14:53:29 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>>> Is that because you're of the generation that doesn't trust "organic"
>>> because it's a communist conspiracy?

>>I have to wonder just how organic is organic.

>You'd think this is monitored by some government organisation,
>otherwise anyone can claim to be organic. I believe that, in
>Australia, you have to jump through 100 hoops before you can claim
>"organic".

How does the 'organic' farmer know that no pesticides have blown over
from another field?? My experience with 'organic' products was
shopping for my neighbour a few years back after she was ill and I was
buying her groceries when I went for mine. Definitely poorer quality
but higher priced. I didn't bother arguing with her, she likes that
sort of thing, she loves natureopaths and their medications etc and
although she is ten years younger than I, her level of fitness is 15
years older!