Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default National Fried Rice Day

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> We use medium grain rice for fried rice. The Chinese would use long grain
> rice. My guess is that most of the fried rice on the mainland is made with
> long grain rice. Fried rice is a very complex subject.
>
> =====
>
> As you know, I use short grain rice, the same as the one we use for
> rice
> pudding. The packs of Sushi rice I are also short grain rice. Is yours?
> I guess I have only seen short or long grain rice.

I don't see fried rice as some complex thing. It's basically add
anything that sounds good to you. Same as a pizza. All are
different

I always use long grain rice and all-purpose flour for various
meals. All turn out fine here.

====

I always used long grain in the past, but once I tried the short grain
... we prefer it