Margaret Suran

SportKite1 wrote:
>> From: "Scot"

>> Someone sent us (in Los Angeles) a box full of St. Claire's
>> fruit-shaped/flavored ice cream about a year ago, so my guess is
>> that they must be in business, or at least they were a year ago.

> Were they good?
>
> Ellen

According to a New York Times article of three or four years ago, the
ice cream fruits were rated as one of the ten best mail order foods
that the paper had reviewed.

Each piece of fruit is enrobed in some kind of crunchy shell, which
keeps the fruit's shape and inhibits quick thawing.

It is most likely much too expensive to order by mail, but it sounds
most intriguing and one can dream....