Ed Bechtel

Default OT Help! Anybody Ever Enter Contest?

Every year the local newspaper has a recipe contest. Finally my wife tells me
to send in a recipe. I sent in Sourdough Kalamata Olive Pepper Jack bread
recipe.
Then I get a call and am told I am a finalist... Bring your food to the mall on
Saturday.

I've never done this. It certainly was a case of the Heisenberg uncertainty
principal that they picked this recipe, (maybe they are tired of banana nut
breads).

So.., What do I do? Does one cut the bread in advance, or bring a bread knife
and hope the judge doesn't hit a major artery? Should one include a spread
like cream cheese to mask the otherwise bizarre flavor of rosemary and
jalepeno?

Seriously. Any advice is welcome. I don't want to look like I'm not a
professional contest entrant!

Ed Bechtel