Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:34:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal
> > there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are
> > known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel
> > because
> > i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel
> > was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which
> > came
> > in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment.
> > fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan
> > fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend
> > deep fry.

> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?)
> think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well,
> the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
>
> ==
>
> I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
> isn't a hot dog
>
> It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think
> in
> Germany they use veal.

I have had meat cutlets but veal cutlets on this rock are rather rare. OTOH,
Japan style chicken cutlets are quite popular in Hawaii. I have made pork
cutlets but have never called it a wienerschnitzel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucj2TcD8Bm0

==

Understood. It is probably a European thing

Recipe for your Japan style chicken cutlets please?