Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default I'm now in the game

On 2018-10-15 02:27:55 +0000, notbob said:

> Jes bought a copy of the Ball Blue Book and got me some beets to put up.
>
> Do I need a pressure cooker fer "pickled beets" or will white vinegar
> (5% acidity)? I'm jes under 8,000 feet elevation.
>
> I plan to "julienne" them and then pickle 'em.
>
> nb

Didja look at the recipe in the BBB? :-)
If they're pickled you can process for x minutes (consider your
altitude) in a boiling water bath. How were they? (Mine won the blue
ribbon again at the 2018 MN State Fair. Still have never tasted them. )

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013