Old 12-02-2019, 02:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default okra

On 2/11/2019 8:37 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
Rich, my favorite way to prepare it is to throw it in the compost pile.
Sorry. Not. ;-))

N.

* Actually if you slice it in 1/2" thick pieces and dip it in a light
batter then cornmeal and deep fry it it isn't half bad . My wife loves
fried okra . I tolerate it because she likes it - I even grow it in the
garden for her . It's also supposed to be a primary ingredient in gumbo
and I might try it some day . File (fee-lay) is also supposed to be in
gumbo , and we have all kinds of sassafras growin' out there .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old