Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Googie bread

wrote:
>>> On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:57:34 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> I like a stack of French toast with an over easy egg between each.

>>Sounds good. I may try a short stack.. 2 eggs 3 googies.
>>
>>jay

>Don't forget to drizzle the pan butter on your stack.
>Good with flapjacks as well. I never cared for maple syrup on
>pancakes, and living here I get lots of real maple syrup for free...
>mostly I use it in baking and to sweeten cereal... we like several of
>the granolas/mueselis, right now we're working on this one:

https://www.quakeroats.com/products/...d-raisins.aspx

"WHOLE GRAIN ROLLED OATS, WHOLE GRAIN ROLLED WHEAT, BROWN SUGAR,
RAISINS, CANOLA OIL, WHEY, INULIN, ALMONDS, NONFAT DRY MILK, GLYCERIN,
WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, HONEY, NATURAL FLAVOR (CONTAINS COCONUT
COMPONENTS), SUNFLOWER OIL, NATURAL MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ADDED TO
PRESERVE FRESHNESS)"

Where would we be without tocopherols?

>These are our usuals, excellent:
>https://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill...05&sr=8-1&th=1

"Whole grain wheat, dates, sunflower seeds, raisins (raisins,
sunflower oil), whole grain rye, barley, whole grain rye, barely,
whole grain oats, whole grain triticale (wheat), almonds, flaxseed and
walnuts"

Pretty good.