Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Nielsen[_4_] Michael Nielsen[_4_] is offline

Default Blind taste test

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:21:27 PM UTC+1, Thomas wrote:
> Did Kerrygold butter vs Landolakes. Wife and I on mini bagles.
> No diff by any taste. No name butter is 3 bucks per pound, Kerry is ten.
> I am glad to try Kerry but the affair is over.
> Is there a better butter than what we see?

In Denmark the things to look for a

- is the milk from Denmark or german cows? the cheapest butter is from german milk
- is it conventional or organic? if one doesnt care about organic, organic is often linked to it being made in a more traditional manner which in turn makes it better
- is it unsalted or salted? if saltd, is it "special" salt? butter with special salt is more salted and thus not for baking, but really nice for a charcuterie plate.
- is it "oldfashioned churned" , then the flavour is more pronounced ( often this is linked to being organic