Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Blind taste test

On 1/10/2019 3:21 PM, Thomas wrote:
> Did Kerrygold butter vs Landolakes. Wife and I on mini bagles.
> No diff by any taste. No name butter is 3 bucks per pound, Kerry is ten.
> I am glad to try Kerry but the affair is over.
> Is there a better butter than what we see?

Never met a bad butter, but some seem better. Texture to spread when
cold is a factor too.

I've been buying Amish Roll Butter recently. Comes wrapped in heavy
waxed paper and is a long roll that I have to cut to go in a butter
dish. One reason I like it is the creamy texture and spreadability.

Seems to me many brands of butter are exactly the same, just the outer
carton is different. Inside wraps have no name on them. I'm guessing
the same butter factory is churning it out for many brands, just changes
cartons.