Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Our Christmas Dinner

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 6:12:16 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> We had our dinner mid-afternoon. I roasted a beef brisket on Christmas
> Eve day, then cooled and efrigerated it. This morning I removed all
> the solidified fat, then strained the cooking liquid. I trimmed and
> sliced the brisket arranging the slices in a baking dish and covered
> over with very slightly thickened pan juices.
>
> With the brisket we had fried potato lalkes with homemade applesauce
> and sour cream, sweet & sour red cabbage, and blistered/roasted green
> beans. We haven't tucked into the pumpkin and mince pie yet.
>
> I have snackes of roasted mixed nuts, homemade peanut brittle, and
> homemde pecan pralines.

That all sounds wonderful. We had prime rib, twice-baked potatoes,
and tossed salad. He used homemade blue cheese dressing; I used
cider vinegar flavored with a little Penzey's Forward spice blend,
and extra-virgin olive oil.

No dessert; we'd had plenty of candy and stuff all day long.

Cindy Hamilton