Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Our Christmas Dinner

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 6:12:16 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> We had our dinner mid-afternoon. I roasted a beef brisket on Christmas
> Eve day, then cooled and efrigerated it. This morning I removed all
> the solidified fat, then strained the cooking liquid. I trimmed and
> sliced the brisket arranging the slices in a baking dish and covered
> over with very slightly thickened pan juices.
>
> With the brisket we had fried potato lalkes with homemade applesauce
> and sour cream, sweet & sour red cabbage, and blistered/roasted green
> beans. We haven't tucked into the pumpkin and mince pie yet.
>
> I have snackes of roasted mixed nuts, homemade peanut brittle, and
> homemde pecan pralines.

That all sounds wonderful. We had prime rib, twice-baked potatoes,
and tossed salad. He used homemade blue cheese dressing; I used
cider vinegar flavored with a little Penzey's Forward spice blend,
and extra-virgin olive oil.

No dessert; we'd had plenty of candy and stuff all day long.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 6:12:16 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> We had our dinner mid-afternoon. I roasted a beef brisket on Christmas
>> Eve day, then cooled and efrigerated it. This morning I removed all
>> the solidified fat, then strained the cooking liquid. I trimmed and
>> sliced the brisket arranging the slices in a baking dish and covered
>> over with very slightly thickened pan juices.
>>
>> With the brisket we had fried potato lalkes with homemade applesauce
>> and sour cream, sweet & sour red cabbage, and blistered/roasted green
>> beans. We haven't tucked into the pumpkin and mince pie yet.
>>
>> I have snackes of roasted mixed nuts, homemade peanut brittle, and
>> homemde pecan pralines.

>That all sounds wonderful. We had prime rib, twice-baked potatoes,
>and tossed salad. He used homemade blue cheese dressing; I used
>cider vinegar flavored with a little Penzey's Forward spice blend,
>and extra-virgin olive oil.
>
>No dessert; we'd had plenty of candy and stuff all day long.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Sounds good. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans,
and cranberry sauce for Christmas Eve dinner. It was two pounds of
cranberries so that's going to outlast all the other leftovers by quite
a bit. No dessert necessary here either with a good supply of chocolate
fudge and peanut brittle handy.

What's for Christmas Dinner? Todd Diabetic 40 29-12-2013 08:01 PM
TN: Christmas Dinner Jim Wine 0 04-01-2006 10:11 AM
Christmas Dinner Steve B General Cooking 2 09-03-2004 06:23 AM