Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Bah... humbug

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 09:01:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 10:41:36 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> My wife went to church this morning. I thought it would be a good time
>> to do a load of laundry. We just had our washing machine repaired
>> about a week and a half ago. The door lock was screwed and it would not
>> go into the spin cycle. $300 later, that is fixed, so I was happy to
>> hear the end of the cycle and went in to move the clothes to the dryer.
>> Now the dryer is dead. I don't know what is binding in there, but the
>> drum is really hard to turn. I may also have burned out the fuse by
>> holding the start button too long.
>>

>> I had been thinking after the washer repair that it was the second
>> repair in two years and the total cost was getting close to replacement.
>> This dryer is really old and has been repaired before. I think that
>> tomorrow I will be heading out to take advantage of the boxing day sales.

>Two words: Speed Queen
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Our washer (Whirlpool) and dryer (Kitchenaid) are nearly 25 years old
and still work like new. The only service needed was when I dropped a
vacuum cleaner attachment down into the lint trap... a $60 repair. I
had no clue how to access that space, the local appliance guy knew
exactly what needed to be taken apart to get to that area, took like
ten minutes, the $60 was for the service call. We also have a
commercial washer in the basement, Sears Kenmore, it's over sized and
great for blankets and other heavy items. Regardless which brand the
local appliance service guy said the biggest cause of
breakdowns/repairs is from over loading.... not cleaning the dryer
lint trap after every load, and people with furry pets, especially
refrigerator coils. With five cats I vacuum the fridge coils the
first week of every month. Our top of the line Maytag dishwasher may
out last us, it's used maybe 4-5 times a year.